Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Don't call it a comeback...

I been here for years! Rockin my peers and puttin suckas in fear!




Well, ok maybe more like a couple months now. But you get my meaning...that's how I roll. Me and L.L. are like twins, baby! So, yah, I've been kind of out of the bloogy loop lately and after several inquiries into my whereabouts (and thank you for missing me--it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy to know people notice if I fall off the face of the earth) I've managed to carve some time out of my afternoon to make an appearance. And, by the way, it is WAY different typing this at work...first off, no wine or cloves! Ugh! I'm thinking I should get a liquor/smoking license for my office--just within the confines of the four walls of my little beige cube in the world over here. Also, well...I'm in work mode and thus in work clothing, not like comfy Snuggie-wear. Nor is there a sexy, bald man cooking me dinner nearby. Yah, I like blogging at home MUCH BETTER!



Oh, and let me just say this...so, I've been non-posty for two weeks...fourteen days, people...and I come back today to be welcomed with the fact that I now have one less follower?!?! WTF? Really? I'm just hoping it's that one odd guy from micro-Indonesia (nothing against the Pacific rim or anything--just had some sushi the other day and it was fab!) whose blog page is like some bizarre-o ad for "instant-make-money-now", "enhancement-grow-big-boy" and "cash-checks-for-Nigerian-Princes.com" pyramind scheme shit. I like deleted him once and he came back...ugh, all the weird ones do. So, you can tell I'm really crushed since I haven't even taken my typical obsessive stalker steps to figure out who it is that has committment issues around here, but really? I may not read all my "fave" blogs all the time but to just quit following one with no discussion, no expression of reasoning? I mean, seriously, WWJJ do? (that's my Jim Jones reference for the week...cheers to the Kool-Aid!) Blog following is not just trendy...it's not like getting a goldfish or something. It requires serious thought and committment, people. I am fragile and my dainty ego just can't take things like this! (please, hold the laughter at least until the end of the paragraph) Geez!



Anywhoo-So, where have I been? No, I'm not knitting a car cozy, nor have I joined a yarn cult (although lately I'm thinking that might be a better direction in life...). Just doing stuff. You know, typical adult life stuff...



Seriously, I'm actually racking my brain to come up with some great story of what I've been doing...yah, nothing is coming to mind. Basically my past two weeks have been spent:
1. Watching La Princessa try to do work on her own (hours of entertainment...well, more like mere minutes--she could never really sustain consecutive hours of work, but still pretty funny stuff
2. Knitting my arse off! I've made like 5 adult scarves, 2 adult hats and 2 child scarf/hat sets for "purchase." (insert eek of joy here!!!!) I like knitting...and I like getting paid for it even more! I really do think I'm about to set up an Etsy store soon with scarves, hats, shawls, blankies, afghans, baby stuff. I'll keep you posted on the Grand Opening! :) As I watch the daily news reports on the economy I'm thinking it may be smarter to hone my knitting skills vs. the legal eagle skills these days.
3. Watching American Idol...with Matt's commentary (which is freakin' priceless, I might add--incredibly not P.C., but hilarious)
4. Puppy sitting for my parents who took off for a wild week in Vegas (and I'm just not even letting my mind go there...it's my parents for Christ's sake!). So, yah, we have Rebel, the Sheltie pup and he and Lola are taking over the house, yard and couch in an eternal WWF puppy-smack down play fest.
5. Drinking (well, yah)
6. Gossiping on the phone with my sister (usually while doing Number 5, above)
7. Thinking about getting on the treadmill. This actually takes up a large portion of my time and I'm hoping that by some odd psychic miracle of thought wave energy it might have the same effect of me actually getting my ass up and on the treadmill.
8. Being mortified by my so-called "friends" posting pictures on Facebook of me on a beach...in a bikini....circa 1996. Ack!!!
9. Working...ish
10. Snuggling with Matt.
11. Enjoying some early Spring-like weather. I actually got a little "pink" on my cheeks, nose and arms the other day just from sitting outside in natural sunlight for a couple hours. Nice. Bring on the warmer weather!
12. Scoping out knitting and yarn websites and sales (I am such an uber nerd...I know).
13. Sleeping.
14. Helping Matt plan a revolution so we can secede from being subject to (a) the Jefferson County sewer bill crisis and all it's debauchery and increased burden on the taxpayers, (b) the deep-fried porky goodness of the "stimulus package" that is the single largest legislative act in the history of this country that NO ONE has read!!!, and (c) from having to allow Git-mo prisoners to have a trial under the laws and protections of America...they aren't citizens, hence the not having the same rights we do...if they want certain inalienable rights then they should come over here to swear allegiance to our contry, not to kill us. We are working on a name for our little Republic...Lolaville? Mattopia? I personally like WTF-ville :)
Yep, that pretty much rounds out my life lately. Peace out!!!

9 comments:

Rachel said...

Followers are so picky - and impatient, that person could have at least waited to leave you until after the comeback!

I blog at home with Champagne and vanilla flavored cloves, and agree that the office is much less fun.

Lianne said...

Bwahahaha! Yea, my cult and kool-aid comments have not been lost on you lately. I was getting concerned that the car coozy/cozy project had gone south and you'd knitted yourself a noose or something. :)

Now, don't you go blaming your blog backlog on me posting the bikini pictures! That was just today... I in no way influenced you not to write for two weeks. (So, has Matt seen it yet? :D)

I lost an India-dwelling follower, as well. Boom, one day he's there; Clang, the next week he's gone. Go figure. Same guy, you think?

Any chance of me getting a scarf before July? Hee hee hee.

♥ Braja said...

You are HILARIOUS...oh, and those followers? Yeah, maybe it's all the Indian ones who leave me constantly. I mean, mine goes up and down like a freakin' yoyo...make a decision and STICK with it, for God's sake...

and i wanna witness protection t shirt

Frogs in my formula said...

Wow, you've been busy LOL. Glad you're back. I love the idea of the liquor/smoking license for the office. You're a lawyer, right? Make it happen please???

Tiffany said...

Mama said knock you out!

At least you don't have some creepy porn-ish followers.

Temple said...

Rachel: We are kindred spirits...I must try the champagne combo! ;)

Lianne: I think I was premonition-ing the disturbance in the force caused by that picture all week...that's what I'm going with anyway!

Braja: I missed you and your humor :) And I'l work on the tshirt. They are pretty picky about who they allow to wear them outside of the gates.

Tiffany: Creepy pornish followers? I need details on this one...sounds like a great blog!

Annikke said...

Your posts always crack me up!

Eh, don't worry about the loser who stopped following you... whatevs to that one!

Knocked Up in Bama said...

I also kicked off scary "me make big weiner" guy. But he hasn't come back...I guess you just got the charm!

Unknown said...

Are you on ravelry? Because if you aren't, you should definitely be on ravelry! (and if you are on ravelry.. i'm "adleisia")