I know! Isn't it great! Now, I can hear your questions already...What is that? Is it even legal to buy one of those in Alabama? Where do the batteries go?
My friends, this is my new knitting loom. Yep. And it is like crack. I picked this bad boy up last week and have been steadfastedly hooked on it (no pun intended) ever since. For those people (like me) who cannot get the grasp of real knitting, this is like the bestest little invention ever! And apparently my uncoordinated peeps have been around a long time because these things were like originally used in the 1600's (although I'm sure they weren't made of plastic or a cool bright purple color...which by the way contrasts with my Snuggie very nicely when I am all curled up on the couch getting my knitting loom fix for the evening).
Anyway, I am totally sucked in my it's mesmerizing power. I can watch American Idol, chat with Matt, pet Lola and knit all at the same time. It's like liquid crack! And it just calms me--which is always a good thing. So far, I've made this...
It was my first project and since it was like 30 here today I tried it out and it's now my new favorite scarf! I also made this cute little hat for one of my friend's little girls but, alas, forgot to get a pic before I gave it away. Anywhoo...since wearing this to work today I've gotten like four "orders" for scarfs/hats from my co-workers. Yay! More fuel for the addiction. I smell an Etsy shop coming on... :)
Ok, now back to my wine, cloves and blog reading. Oh, and for the inquiring minds, I smoke cloves with very precise tweezers and a miniature lighter...a habit I picked up from my days with the traveling flea circus :)
Peace out!



17 comments:
You made that on your first try? Where can I buy one of these magical contraptions? (I won't lie, at first I thought it was...you know...a "romantic" enhancer of some kind.)
Oopsie!
P.S. that color goes great with your Snuggie!
Hooray for you! I love knitting on a loom, and your scarf looks fabulous--so much better than anything I ever made. Happy knitting!
I was a little concerned at first. Going on and on about how much you love it...and then I see it. I cant figure out what it is...but I know what it looks like! :-) Happy Knitting!!!
Raven
I have been trying to learn how to knit for years, and I have just gotten to a point where I can master the needles...and now you announce that there are big scary looms I will have to conquer next...yikes!
Beautiful job on the scarf!
I have wanted to try one of those knitting looms for a long time! That scarf is gorgeous - wanna make me one?
Frogs: I bought my magical contraption at Wally World but they have them at HobbyLobby and on Amazon, too--just search for knitting looms on the net and you'll get all kinds (it's my new obsession--I know). And I was going for the lewd assumption--even if I'm turning into a little old lady that knits, I'm still raunchy ;)
Kate & Raven: Thanks!
Rachel: I am impressed...I tried to learn to knit the real way on needles and just couldn't get it ;)
Annikke: I'm thinking of making one for a give away!
Ooooh--I've never tried one of these! It does sound addicting!
You're beautiful AND clever? Bitch...
I saw her use this in person...it's just as raunchy as it sounds... :)
Glad it turned out so well! See ya this weekend!
I came on to scream, "CHEATER!" but after seeing your finished project, I am totally jealous (I still have a 4 inch scarf stuck to my knitting needles that I started when I was pregnant with Strip). Might have to give it a try!
please don't tell you were able to do that in one sitting? It's adorable.
Oooh, I used to be so into knitting for all the same reasons. And then I realized that I totally sucked at it and didn't want to wear any of the scarves I made, so I stopped. :(
Your scarf looks a million times better than mine did!
LOL--have you been swallowed by a knitting project? I miss you!
Are you knitting a car coozie or something? What happened to your blog? I miss you!
You know you have a standing invitation to come eat with us anytime! :)
Now, I'm going back for more cake!
I can't knit and don't want to but I like to WEAR knit stuff! That scarf is beautiful!
"Now, I can hear your questions already...What is that? Is it even legal to buy one of those in Alabama? Where do the batteries go?" TOTALLY what I was thinking! :)
BTW your new photos is absolutely gorgeous. You're beeeeeeeautiful!
Temple--- have you been pulled into some kind of weaving cult?? Where are you?
*miss you*
Amy
Post a Comment