Lola and I went out on a puppy walk while it was still pelting down and I discovered it is kind of hard to walk a hyper snow-crazed Corgi when the snow is coming in at you...like, you can't see...and your eyelashes get all icy. And, really... the dog that REFUSES to go out in even the tiniest bit of rain because she won't get her paws wet was like having an arctic adventure just bounding and plowing through the stuff. I literally had to MAKE her come inside, so I could defrost my nose hairs. Yah, it was that cold.
We had the youngest kiddo with us this weekend and he, of course, was totally stoked about the white fluff from heaven. After teaching him how to make a snowball we had a viscous, take no prisoners, snow ball battle until he realized he could now longer feel his feet (why, oh why, I ask you does his mother send him away for the weekend with a forecast of "snow" and 30 degree temperatures armed only with Crocs?!?!) Anyway, it was probably a good thing he noticed the frostbite setting in because as it is, I have a nice bruise on my inner thigh and on my back from some seriously deadly snowball hits.
So, by the afternoon it was all melted (sigh) and just wet and muddy outside. So is the life of a winter day in Dixie. Oh, and we are supposed to be in the 70's-80's by end of the week. Nice.
It's still freakin' cold here, now that the sun has set, and I'm about to curl up with the Man and watch some Rock of Love...Good Times!
Peace Out!!1



7 comments:
Where the HELL have you been, girl??!! I missed you...
And hey, I'm with Lola: ain't goin' out in snow that is up to your BELLY!! (Well, it is when you're a corgi!!)
His mom was probably hoping you'd pay for new boots for him.
Sounds like Lola had a blast!
Man! I still have recorded ROL (rock of love)! I forgot to watch it yesterday in all the snow excitement!! Bah!
Portland got an ungodly amount of snow this year as well. I actually spent Christmas trapped with 5 dogs for almost a week *(I did not complain about this much because I had a full bar at my disposal, and no one to infringe upon my rights to finish off all of the Kahlua since the dogs were not drinkers)
Enjoy your winter wonderland!
My kids loved the snow too. Snow ball fight, snow angels, etc. And I know what you mean about the crocs. I dont think Mary's Mother has ever sent her to our house with a coat on! Of course this is the same mother who sends her to our house with 104 temp and doesnt ever even call to check on her all weekend! Gotta love the ex's! :)
We got slammed with snow on Monday and they canceled work. You'd think everyone would be cheery on Tues b/c of the free day off but everyone was pissed off! Winter is still here. I would give a pinky for your 70-80s. I really would.
(Did I mention it's a rubber pinky?)
We missed you - for some reason whilst I was away a lot of the blogs I follow stopped me from following, for no apparent reason other than blogger was having problems. Anyway, found you again through Braja's site. Love the post, it sounds as if Lola was having a great time. Is the snow still with you?
Post a Comment