
That is my utter squeal of joy, joy, joy!!! Not to be confused with the very similar noise I make upon sight of anything eight-legged or when being pursued in my house by giant, killer cicadias...but then, that's another blog]
Ok, so why am I all super giddy and in my "I'm so pretty! Oh so pretty!" mode? I'll tell you why! Because today I got....
THIS:

My first ever Blog award!! Eeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!
Amy, over at Bitchin' Wives Club gave me this super cool award...and what is even super cooler? The fact that like I think Amy rocks the blog-o-sphere so I am totally pumped that she picked me! [Note to reader...I am still freakin' grinning over here]. Oh! And we are like going to be total internet drinking BFF now (I'm saying that in my internal "Tina Fay" voice...it helps). I mean, I think the last time I got anything even resembling an award was when that dude at the mall the other day gave me a Chik-Fil-A coupon (which was also totally cool, but more in a "free milkshake" kind of way and not in a "you are a rockstar" kind of way).
Ok, so super thanks to Amy and you guys go check her out if you haven't already...she is wicked funny and OBVIOUSLY has great taste! :)
Now, as with most titles of notoriety, there are responsibilities I must bear...[heavy sigh] so I now begin my reign as cool-blog-award-chick and will lay out the rules and fulfill my duties.
Rule 1 The uber-cool, award winning nominee (or you can just call me "Your Highness"...it keeps me humble...) gets to put the prominently displayed Award Icon on their blog.
Rule 2 New royalty must pay homage and link to the person that bestowed them with such cool, blog super powers...
Rule 3 As the new Queen-elect you get to pick seven of your bloggy buds to be recipients of the award...and for Pete's sake, don't just go pick everyone that Clinton already did...
Rule 4 After you select your seven peeps...announce them! Link them on your blog so everyone can check out their coolness!
Rule 5 Notify your seven peeps that they are winners so they can get all "How cool am I" about it and grin like an idiot, too!
Ok, so with all the protocol out of the way...here is my Cabinet of Cool:
1. Tiffany at Alabama Redhead....I mean, not only is she my sister but the girl is hilarous and has some truly wicked photoshop skillz...
2. Lu at AveryTales... a great friend and one of the most inspirational and truly devoted human beings I know. If you need a dose of faith or a spiritual pick me up, this is the woman to visit
3. Speaking of spirituality...Braja over at Lost and Found in India pretty much makes me laugh every day and I LOVE her caption pics...you have to check them out!
4. Anna over at Life Just Keeps Getting Weirder already has a large following...and very well deserved. She cracks me up, is cute as can be and always has awesomely witty comments. She rocks.
5. Check out the antics over in Mulletville in Frogs in My Formula
6. Marinka over at Motherhood in NYC just rocks...that's all I have to say.
and...
7. Jennifer and all the zaniness over in The FunHouse also pretty much makes my day! She was one of the first "followers" I had and I love reading about her life...from accidentally pink hair to the adventures of Pickle...she's awesome!
Ok! So get to clicking and check these newly anointed "winners" out!!!
Oh, and there will be autographs, coffee and a quick Q&A after the blog...thank you! :)



10 comments:
You are a riot! I feel very rockstar-like now that I know I have the power to make someone giddy like that!! LOL! You totally rock!
Thank you so much for the award and all the nice words! My pink hair is fading--but I miss it and think I'll do it again!! Thanks again for the award and congrats on yours!!
Thank you! I'm not worthy! (Is it edible?)
Amy is a rockstar, and we roll with her crowd, Temple girl. Can I drink mine? And nibble Marinka's too?
Oh and Temple honey, I left you a little surprise in my sidebar... and if you go back to the comment you left me today, you'll see my answer....
Hey, there! Congrats on the much-deserved award! Woo-Hoo!
And thank you so much for passing it along - I really appreciate that!!
Hope you're having a smooth weekend so far...
XO
Anna
Thanks. I'm so happy I found your blog. Merry Christmas to me (if you know anyone at BMW could you put in a word?).
Congratulations for this well deserved award. Looking forward to looking at the blogs you spread the love to.
Hells yeah I get an award for my massive photoshop skillz!
Congrats! I'm sure you celebrated it with a nice clove and a glass of wine on the back porch.
I'm celebrating mine by ordering our LCD TV!!
So this is the one award I've been striving for. Honestly, I know it's kinda sad, but I've seen this award everywhere and have been kinda jealous. Does that mean I have a problem?
But really, YAY! I heart awards!
Post a Comment