Just some updates on life...Roscoe the Jagdterrier pup is now in his new home! Yay! Matt took him down South yesterday and he is going to a guy with a huge farm who spends his days hunting and roaming around in the woods with hunting dogs. This will be perfect for the sweet little cracked-out dog! And, now Lola will not be "bait" and we can actually use our back door to exit the house again without fear of Doggy WWF smack-down...I am so relieved that he is going to be happy and that our house is back to a state of normalcy....well, at least our version of normal.
And, while dropping Roscoe off, Matt got to spend the day out in the woods with his friend Chris and Chris' hawks. Yah, the guy has trained hawks that he takes hunting. Matt was all into it and was going on and on last night at dinner about the hawks, how they hunted, how cool it was when they landed on your arms and just climbed up to your shoulder. Yah...I guess it sounds really cool if you aren't, like me, kind of freaked out by birds. Not sure where my "issues" with the feathered ones come from, but my bet is on Mom letting me watch Hitchcock's immortal Birds when I was like 5. I also have an ingrained fear of walking over grates in a downtown sidewalk ever since I watched Gator back in the day as a small child and am still convinced to this day that (a) I will fall through the grate into the jaws of a super-gigantic alligator powered by the corpses of lab test animals, or (b) the aforesaid mutant alligator will burst up through the grate to eat me. And then there is my fear of flying at night while seated on the wing seat of a plane...based totally on those horrific scenes of John Lithgow being mentally tortured by the gremlin ripping apart the plane in the Twilight Zone movie. Now that I think about it, Mom probably should have monitored my tv watching a little more...
Anyway, Lola is back to having the run of the house as the puppy Princess that she is. I was worried she would be all upset about her playmate and buddy being taken away, but she really seems to be totally into ruling the roost again and is spending most of her time hogging like half the couch, taking me on walks/hikes, or going on special trips to the PetStore to "mingle" with the locals. Ah, the life.
Ooooo! Feliz Navidad just came on my radio! [I'm like totally dancing in my chair right now] Speaking of felizes and navidads...we got the tree up this Sunday (ta da!)...which is a far cry better than last year when we managed to go get the tree, oh, like 3 days before Christmas. But, I have to say that we did learn last year that if you wait that long you can get a tree for only like $15. So, last year we had "Charlie," as we named him after the Charlie Brown tree...we managed to find him beneath all the picked over trees and he was great--small and cute! This year Matt and I actually managed to do the tree thing before Christmas Eve and now have a nice, fat one in the living room. I just LOVE decorating the tree and pulling out all my crazy ornaments! Matt kind of supervised the tree-decorating from the couch where he remained holding his stomach and occassionally moaning. He claims it was from eating all the blueberry pancakes at Cracker Barrell. Really? Because I had the same thing he did, ate all of mine (being the dainty girly-girl that I am...yah) and was still able to spread festive joy all through the house! Wuss. So, last night he officially did the tree topper for me (I am vertically challenged) and the tree was finito! Nothing like watching Rock of Love Charm School in the glow of a fat, glittery Christmas tree!



3 comments:
I am glad that Roscoe found a good home. Happy he will be.
I have a fear of a panther biting my foot off after sitting down on the edge of the bed. And then as I crawl away the ooey goo oozes from my stump leaving a trail across the floor whilst being pursued by said panther. This rational fear stems from our (male) babysitter letting us watch Nastassja Kinski's famous "Cat People." And yes, I did have to look up the spelling of her name....thanks IMDB!
Kate: lol...glad to know I'm not the only one with odd-movie-related phobias!
Funny how sometimes your blogs remind me of my demented upbringing.
1. I had a puppy for like a week when I was a kid. My dad wasn't really cool with his doing his business on the carpet. One day I came home from school to my new puppy gone. My dad told me he took him to a big farm so he could run free like the dog he was supposed to be. I'm pretty sure my dad sold him for a case of beer....
2. I too am terrified of grates in the ground. And man holes. I always walk around them - never over them. When I was 4, I told my mother that in my past life I was a little boy in London who fell to his death through a man hole. I don't remember telling her that. But my parents were TOTALLY unconventional and I know she believed it was true.
Post a Comment