I haven't posted in like a whole week (I know, you missed me and were likely forced to console yourself with cheap wine or vodka...well, that's what I would do anyway). It's been a LONG week. As well as getting all the last minute holiday crap together (er, um lovingly prepared gifts, etc.) my family has had a whirlwind of bizarreness going on. Thursday morning I get a call from my pseudo-sister Lu. Ok, first you have to understand that if anyone calls me, oh, before the hour of 10 a.m. it is for an emergency (mornings are not my friend, the snooze button is). She says, "Have you talked to your sister?" This cannot be good. I hadn't, in fact, talked to my sister (apparently I missed her call while under the tortuous heat of the blow dryer). I then learn via Lu that she got a frantic call from my lil' sis and learned that her furry four-legged child, Maggie the Dalmation, had died. Maggie was not old. She was not ill. Turns out she just died...very unexpectedly and for no known reason...right before Christmas. This falls in the incrediby "not good" category.
So, I went to visit my Sis on Friday, armed with wine and chocolate donuts and the power of cuteness that is known as Lola the WonderCorgi. We hung out, talked, drank, ordered pizza and watched the Muppet Christmas special. Things got better, and as of today my sister has become the mommy of Annabelle, the German Shephard puppy who is adorable and makes my sister smile! Yay!!!
Then today, I start the morning off with a phone call from Matt informing me that apparently over the weekend some no good, lazy ass, sons of bitches broke into his bladesmith shop and stole a few grand of his equipment...like the stuff he needs to make a living...rat bastards! Grrrr....
An hour later...my phone rings...it's Dad. They just had to put my mom's third daughter, her cocker spaniel Honey, to sleep today because she had congestive heart failure.
I mean, really Fates of the Universe? Really?
But then I got a call from Dad this evening, and for Christmas he has gotten my mom a little Sheltie puppy. Named "Rebel" (I'm not sure where this ranks on the Redneck list, but I'm sure it's pretty high). but more importantly, my mom is smiling now, too.
And Matt...well he has since gotten over the theft-angst after hearing from several friends today who were going through some real traumatic times...like worse than doggy deaths. Perspective...it can be a wonderful thing.
So, I am left with this...the circle of life (insert Lion King music here) never stops...our family Christmas will be a full out Puppy-Palooza brawl with Lola in the lead (and I will post pics)...I am more than blessed to have my wonderful family and our unconditional system of love and support...Matt and I are blessed to realize that "things" aren't everything and there is much more meaning to life and the Season than powertools and broken locks. I mean, really...we live in a free country where we have the luxury of even owning powertools and not semi-automatic weapons in order to survive (although Matt does have an impressive gun collection, too, and those low down thieves better thank their lucky meth-head stars that he wasn't at home with the aforesaid guns when they decided t break in his shop)...we all have our health and will be together at Christmas. What more can I really ask for? I mean, other than some awesome pics of Puppy WWF SmackDown? :)
Everyone have an awesome holiday, however you celebrate...hug those you love, remind yourself of how blessed you are to live your life, and if you see some crack heads trying to pawn off a hand grinder, some hand forged knives or a Bose sound system, hit them...hard. :)



8 comments:
I'm just laughing at Madam Lola and her Christmas photo with Santa!!!
Oh no--I'm so sorry about the string of bad luck in your family. I hope things turn around quickly--and the new puppies sound like a good tart!!
That's just some dam rotten luck! :( so sorry to hear about the doggy losses but it's great that your family has some new puppy love! Looking forward to the pictures!
And if I see anybody with those articles in town, I will karate chop first, ask questions later!!
I know two other bloggers who lost their dog this week. It feels like an epidemic( I know that sounds a bit overblown). But, damn!! That sucks. I hope that things start improving for all your family. Pet loss is so f'n hard.
xoxo
Help Matt to get over the theft at his shop. Have a most wonderful Christmas.
Hopefully things will start to look up for you and your sweet fam. Love reading your blog.
Merry Christmas!!
What a week! You are a good sis...I know Tiffany appreciates you so much. Hope your holidays are merry!
Wow! What a day you've had!
Post a Comment