Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Well, Hot Damn I'm on a Roll!






Guess what I got? Guess what I got? Guess what I got? Yesssss...another bloggy award! This is so cool! Two blog awards in one week? Can I even handle this? I mean, the paparazzi was getting bad enough, as is! So, seriously, my surrogate lil' sister Lu over at AveryTales gave me this super cool Honest Weblog award! (which I am just loving because it has bullet holes...makes me feel all Gangsta'!)

So, now I get to honor Lu for giving me the bloggy bullet-ridden award (Lu, you rock) and encourage you all to check out her blog if you haven't already.


Next, I have to name 10 Honest Random things about me...hmmm. Okay here goes...

1. I'm starting to get a complex about bloggy awards :)
2. I once had an alterego superhero character known as "The Disser" (but then, that's a whole blog unto itself...)
3. Within one year I was asked out by/went on dates with a magician, comedian, absinthe distiller, and knife maker (I kept the knife maker...he is now my lifelong cohort in crime!)
4. I never actually took a road test to get my driver's license :)
5. If in an effort to outsmart the traffic pattersn you pull out in front of me at a redlight and block the intersection while my light turns green, I WILL lay on my horn and stay on it the whole time until you move your ass out of the way...big pet peeve over here.
6. I cannot stand when people say, "You know what I mean?" in general conversation. No. No, I don't know what you mean...if I did then I wouldn't be wasting my time asking you about it or talking to you at all.
7. I have 3 of my 4 wisdom teeth because, per my dentist, my mouth is big enough for them all...who knew?
8. I am tattoed.
9. I blatantly defy the rules and regulations of my company by having and using my spaceheater in my office like nearly everyday.
10. I was propositioned via a written Hallmark Thank You card left in my front door for a three way by one of my old high school friends and her husband...who happen to live like 2 blocks from me...and who I also happened to be the Maid of Freakin' Honor for in their wedding!!! Seriously? (and for the curious, I declined the invite in a few choice words...but I'm keeping the card forever so that when I'm like 70 I can show it to the grandkids and tell them that "Granny had it goin' on!")
Okay...now after all that random honesty, I get to choose 7 blogs to pass the Honesty Torch to that I think are brilliant, pretty, or just way cool and list them for you to check out....Drumroll please!!!!!! [insert drumroll...]
1. Amy over at Bitchin' Wives Club is da' bomb and her blog is way worth checking out!
2. Lianne is not only a cool college buddy who has more dirt on me than should be allowed by law, but her blog Socks are NOT the Enemy is hilarious, inspirational and has wicked Christmas snow!
3. Speaking of inspiration, Julianne over at Be Inspired Today posts some truly deep thoughts which you can delve into while listening to great tunes!
4. Did I say tunes? One of my most favorite things about checking up on the newest shenanigans of Claire, or The Girl with the Down-turned Smile is her taste in music...that and her use of lists...and the way she tells people off in "British" :)
5. Danielle and Mason over at Life in Chauncelot were like some of my first bloggy pals and their posts crack me up...and they have like the best comments ever!
6. If you need some humor, parenting tips (more humor) and some seriously good apricot bread recipes...check out Annikke over at Mom is in the Fishbowl
7. And lastly, but not least...I can't recall how I stumbled across Rachael over at the Scientific Nature of the Whammy (best blog title ever...) but I am oh so glad I did! She makes me laugh and truly has some of the most wicked Haiku talent I have ever seen!
So, enjoy!!!

10 comments:

Todd Schaefer said...

I like this post. Very original! Enjoyed it. Regards,

CTS said...

Hey! Thanks for the kudos and my first blog award! And congratulations on yours too!

Simplicity said...

Love your blog! I'll be back!

Jennifer said...

Congrats on your Gangsta award! Those sound like cool blogs--I'll chack them out!

Oh, and I went out w/ a magiacian/comedian too!

La Belette Rouge said...

COngratulations!!! I am not sure what is more cool, your award or the fact that you dated a magician, comedian, absinthe distiller, and knife maker and you were invited for a three way by a Hallmark card. When you care enough to send a highly suspect request.

♥ Braja said...

Amy is totally the ticket. I love her. So are you. And I am also getting a complex about these blog awards...I just got two from people who have never commented on my blog, never made themselves known to me, nothing...is that weird or what? And I'm wondering, do they just want a free ad on my blog? I feel used.
I also have a tattoo.
love you
big kiss

Annikke said...

*blushing* lil' ol' me??? How sweet of you and I am so surprised (LOL)

♥ Braja said...

Hey Temple: no shopping orders? :)

Rev. Julieanne Paige, O.M.C. said...

Hi Temple

Thank you so much!

Hope to see you again soon :)

Julieanne

Tiffany said...

:( what about me? This is my punishment for ignoring Blogger, isn't it?