Monday, December 29, 2008

Burning at both ends...

The epic saga continues...so far, so good. Treadmill hiking is back in full swing and I also got a pilates/strength machine for Christmas and after figuring out how to use the thing without strangling myself in various "tension cords" I've actually used it and have the sore tummy muscles to prove it (I wouldn't have believed I even have muscles under all the, um, "fluff" except they are really hurting now...maybe it's growing pains from actually creating muscle where none ever existed...)

I should write more, but my creativity and humor reserves are running pretty low right now. I have a trial coming up in January and about 800 million various deadlines between now and then to meet with the Court, so I am just kind of hanging in there until January 12th.   For instance, today I had like 11 court filings due.  What sadistic person makes court filings due the Monday after Christmas? Well, I can tell you but for the sake of my bar license and trial strategy they will remain nameless.  Ugh.  And I have like 11 more due on the Monday after New Year's.  So, while my whole office is eerily quiet with tubleweeds passing through all of the empty parking spaces of my fellow co-workers who have taken off for the holidays, I am [sigh] working my arse off each day.  Oh well...it's the glamorous life I chose to lead [insert huge does of sarcasm here]

So, I'm basically operating in "stress mode" and plan to take advantage of that birthday spa-day gift certificate pretty soon :)


5 comments:

♥ Braja said...

I know! People don't appreciate how much work goes into being THIS glamorous....

Send me your email address....quick. Got somethin' for ya...

Knocked Up in Bama said...

You know, you could totally get an extra burn in your workouts by wearing the Snuggi....

:)

Amy W said...

Gah! I still haven't worked out... I gotta get to the gym or pull out a video or something. I don't have any equipment at home and WISH I DID!!!

Congrats on getting started. I am looking for a piece of cake picture to put up on Braja's site for us....

♥ Braja said...

Temple my lovely!!! I hope you're somewhere absolutely delicious tonight and that 2009 is a wonderful year for you....

xoxoxox

Lianne said...

I got a Wii Fit for Christmas. It kicks my butt in the workout department. I'm doing YOGA now, for goodness sake! And you were so right...stretching and holding still is hard work!

Good luck with the trial stuff. I hope you are going to stick it to the man. Or whatever it is that you do.

Happy New Year!