I often take Lola the WonderCorgi on fun little trips to the local pet store...she gets to meet (read: sniff the ass of) other dogs, watch the little fishies swim in the tanks, gawk at the ferrets and parrots and get free treats...so she is all for it. Plus she LOVES to ride in the car and this way we both get out for a bit.
So, the other day we went for our little jaunt to the pet store and in the midst of doggie-heaven Lola cam face-to-face with her arch nemesis...
NINJA MONKEY!!!
Ninja Monkey was actually one of Lola's first puppy toys and after a prolonged love-hate relationship she essentially tore his eyes off, ripped his hair off, took out his squeaker and stuffing and then slowly tore off all of his limbs one by one. The last time I actually saw "Ninja Monkey" he was reduced to a lone arm that she carried around in the backyard. I assumed she buried the evidence and he was never heard from again...until last week when we happened upon a whole basket full of them on "clearance" at the pet store. Really, how could I resist?
So, I brought home Ninja Monkey II...carefully hidden from Lola in a bag...until the other night when he sprang on her as she innocently slept on the couch!
At first she seemed shocked...disoriented even...Most likely wondering how he had returned from the grave to continue his torment...Then she snapped too and the viscious battle began!
At first, he tried to escape, but she had a pretty solid hold on him...the next thing I knew the hair pulling had begun...Girl, fight! Girl fight!
Then, this morning I found this...
I'm sure I will start finding "mysterious mounds" of fresh dirt in the backyard soon...








10 comments:
Wow. Ninja Monkeys scare me. I already know what my nightmare will be about tonight. Cool.
Tootie's current nemesis is the "Yum" Cupcake. She has been confused and stymied by the way the squeaker is buried in its roundness. Suprisingly, very little of it has been damaged so far. Unlike its predecessor "Squeaky the Squirrel," it seems to be a little better-made.
Wackerci is my word verification. Also a good name for a Ninja Monkey.
I just back-snorted Pepsi thru my nose when I read the first sentence about Lola sniffing other dogs' butts! How embarrassing. Me and my Pepsi, I mean. Not Lola's butt sniffing. I'm sure she's not embarrassed at all.
Hey - way to go LOLA! LOLA kicks ass, like Braja. Hee Hee.
"The last time I actually saw "Ninja Monkey" he was reduced to a lone arm that she carried around in the backyard"
My mum peed herself laughing at that.
hey girl- you have an award over at my blog. hope you are doing well. Can't wait for the lake!!
you made me blow snot out of my nose from laughing so hard. I wouldn't care if I was at home. But oh...I'm not. I'm at work. Thanks!
Ahahahaha. Looks like Ninja Monkey met his master. Good grief that canine of yours is ferocious! LOL.
That is good stuff! And what a great "WTF" look on her face when she realized she had just been attacked by NMII! :)
I tagged you on my blog, on the post Butteflies are free!
Hey, how are you doing?
I love your dog!
Post a Comment