Thursday, November 13, 2008

Arrrrgghhh!!! Where be my kibble?

So, I wake up this morning to discover the left side of my throat/head/and ear are all sore and icky. I'm really, really, really hoping I don't have whatever it is that Matt just recovered from.



So, I finally emerge from my nice, toasty, warm bed and wander out into the hall and there is my Lola, the Wonder Corgi, running up to greet me! This always makes my mornings better, so I go to pet her and then notice there is something not right with her left eye and that she seems to be impersonating a puppy pirate... She is just kind of squinting with it, and blinking alot, and I can see her little doggie inner-eyelid. So, I ask, "Lola-Doodle, what happened to your eye?" And, she just kind of whines and insists on being all in my lap and petted for the better part of the morning. Otherwise, she acted just like her normal self...Dog Food, check! Chasing the cats, check! Growling at Matt, check! Refusing to go outside because it is "wet", check!

I kind of assumed that she had gotten into a WWF smackdown with one of the cats during the night and managed to get popped a good one in the eye. But then I discovered that both of the cats were outside all evening....hmmmmm.

Matt looks her over and he is convinced she will be "just fine" and will not require a puppy pirate eye patch and matching accessories, which I was very concerned about. By the time I left the house to head off to my jobby-job her eye was doing better. I have no idea what she did to it, but hopefully it will be better by this evening. Otherwise, Captain LeftEye will be headed to the vet in the morning.

5 comments:

Knocked Up in Bama said...

Aww! I'm sure it's fine...she probably got some fuzz or dust in it.

But the artwork is PRICELESS!!

Jennifer said...

I hope you feel better and that doggie's eye is better! But she sure looks cute in pirate gear!

Thanks for stopping by my blopg!!

Tiffany said...

I hope her eye gets better! Definitely love the artwork. :)

My plagiarizer (if that is a word) is the guy who commented on my email joke of the day. He's not a follower. So I took it upon myself to leave him a comment saying, "I'm glad you got some laughs out of it too." I didn't write the joke...but he even took my picture that I googled!!!

Oh, and hooray for following your blog now!

Anna Lefler said...

I hope Lola-Doodle is just fine...although that eye patch rocks.

Cool blog! Thanks for stopping by today and becoming a follower! I really appreciate that...

I look forward to reading more of your posts...

Take care and have a great day...

:^) Anna

Danielle said...

That happened to my dog once and I freaked out and took her to the vet immediately. It turns out she scratched her cornea on something, so it was painful but no big deal ... She'll be OK ;-)