Saturday, November 8, 2008

I've been tagged!

My sister has tagged me...because really, what else do sisters do? So, here is my list of seven tidbits about me that you likely do not know already-oh, where to start?

Tidbit No. 1:  In my fashion choices I have an odd sensitivity to whether or not I feel like my head/hairstyle at the moment is "balanced" by the jacket/shirt/top I am wearing.  This was especially a concern of mine back in the high school days when shoulder pads were the oh-so-in thing and I always felt like they made my head look too small. Which probably helps explain the GIGANTIC 90's hair pouf style I had going on at the time. I mean, in my Senior portrait (which is still proudly displayed in the entry way of my parents' home...really, I see it every time I am there) my hair, um, doesn't actually fit inside the portrait oval. Yah, really.

Tidbit No. 2:  I hate closed doors. Just hate them. In my house all doors are kept open as much as possible in keeping with general rules of decency.  Closed doors just make me feel creeped out. 

Tidbit No. 3:  I once dated a guy who I discovered would wake up at 3-ish in the morning and compulsively take a bath or very extended shower until he could go back to sleep. One night when I awoke and found him doing this I asked "why" (being the brave and curious soul that I am) only to be told that he had previously dated a witch. At first I just thought he was being insulting. Oh no. He explained that he had, in fact, dated a wiccan and that the break up was "bad" and she had placed a curse on him and that for weeks he would wake up in the middle of the night with a "dark presence sitting on his chest" so heavily that he could not breathe and would have panic attacks. Um...ok.  I am just lying in bed next to him staring at him and kind of looking for any dark shadows.  So, I stupidly ask, "why the bath?"  Silly me...apparently a very effective way to ward off or protect oneself from a spell is with (drumroll, please...) running water. Ta-da! Mystery solved!  But, I think the oddest thing is that my main concern was this guy had been sleeping next to me for nights on end with some potential demonic spell-casting creature coming to visit him...next to me... You think you might tell a girl?  I mean, it used to be enough to ask if a guy had been tested and was clean, but from then on I had to add "victim of magic spells" to my first date screening questions.  (All I can say now is, thank God for Matt!)

Tidbit No. 4:  I have a thing with odd and even numbers in my daily life.  In the car, my radio volume really needs to be on an odd number for me to be happy.  Have no idea why.  In the house, the thermostat has to be on an even number. Again, no logical reason...just the way I like things.

Tidbit No. 5: My sunglasses perpetually stay perched on the top of my head as a very useful hair accessory.  Also, I don't lose them that way...I am 34 now and things start "disappearing" from where I swear I had just left them...

Tidbit No. 6: I can't stand gin. I love the smell of it, I love all things juniper-scented. I WANT to love it. I just don't. Uck...

Tidbit No. 7: I am a paperclip mutilator.  Whenever I am in deep thought or when I am speaking in public (like in a court hearing or trial) and there is a poor, helpless paper clip around I end up bending it, twisting it, and otherwise mutilating it in to little paper clip twisted carnage. I have no idea I even do it until the end of my "speaking" when I inevitably look down at the court room podium to find a small collection of paper clip post-modern art pieces scattered amongst my notes.  I actually had a federal judge comment on one of my "creations" the other day, telling me it looked like a little person with a loop head and little arms.  :)

I'm supposed to tag 5 other people to share their tidbits, but I'm just leaving it to you. If you read this and want to share, then knock yourself out!

4 comments:

CTS said...

I too am a paperclip mutilator. Those buggers must have wronged us in a former life, as I can never leave one intact.

I feel somewhat better now. Thank you.

CTS

https://downturnedsmile.blogspot.com

Knocked Up in Bama said...

Yeah, the number thing? That's odd! (or is it even?)

:)

Temple said...

Both..just depends on if I'm in the house or the car.

Tiffany said...

I'm doing it!