Sunday, November 2, 2008

And I thought after ECON 101 I'd never be haunted by a widget again...

Ok, so my sister and all my cooler friends have these "blog" things and they are pretty entertaining and I'm always looking for something else to do at the computer that makes me appear busy and in deep concentration...so I decide to jump on the blog-band-wagon...not realizing what a harrowing leap that would be. I mean, my day to day life is full of great "material" so I thought...sure, I'll do this.  Like 6 hours ago...

So not only am I going to joint the world of the bloggers, I decide I want a cool page with neat stuff like Tiff and Lu have...so I go in search of some code (I figured out myspace so I thought, "this can't be too hard" and really, Tiff and Lu do it...).  But then, a mere 4-5 hours later I realized I am not one of the cool kids...I don't know where the cool sites are to copy all of this stuff and it beats the hell out of me what a widget is.  The last time I had to deal with widgets was in Econ 101 back in BSC College days and I was usually too hungover to care how many widgets Asia sold to Europe to create some economic world-wide widget shortage pattern.  But, apparently now widgets are cool.  I'm sure that thing-a-mabobs will become my next vex in life.

So, I finally get the hang of this thing and have a background (ta-da!!!!)  I swear, Matt has walked in here like 5 times asking what I am doing (apparently I look VERY busy and VERY much in concentration as I have been furrowing my brow at the computer screen trying to figure out why anyone would even post a blog template that they then have to post like 20 "fixer-upper" tips about).  When I told him I was trying to make a blog he just kind of grinned at me and left saying something about cooking dinner.  So, when I finally figured out how to make the background/blog/widget/boxes/links stuff work I was like Hallelujah!!!!  I made him come in here and look at my GREAT accomplishment and he again just nodded, smiled and wandered off.  Yah...  Can I blame him? Not really. 

Ok, so now I am officially on this thing.  God help me if I ever have to change any of my settings! :)  

2 comments:

Knocked Up in Bama said...

Yay! You're on here! Welcome to a new addiction. It's pretty entertaining, especially after you figure out the widgets. :)

Avery Tales said...

Congratulations!! I'm very impressed! The blog looks great. Welcome to your new addiction!