Ok, first, thanks to all the wonderful words of support for Lola "Left-Eye" Pirate Dog. I spent most of yesterday alternating between worrying to death about her eye and wondering when someone had snuck up and plunged an ice pick into my left ear...so, all the words of encouragement were appreciated! Turns out, as of this morning her eye is fine and she is back to her normal, bouncy, happy self! Yay!
Not so much for her momma, though. It appears that I have, in fact, caught whatever strain of "Fell-like-Crapitis" that Matt had last week. By lunch yesterday the entire left side of my head felt like it was in a vice and I thought I might actually hear my eardrum explode (if that is possible). I left work early yesterday, headed home and straight for bed. By 3:00 I was out like a light--all snuggled up in bed in my most favorite and comfortable worn out, bleached out, holey 1993 Greek Week college t-shirt; a pair of worn pj pants that are now pink (but used to be red...I had laundry issues); no makeup; my hair slicked back in my make-up stained "facial" headband; and with a squinty, one-eyed Corgi curled up next to me snoring away like a chainsaw.
Around 7:30 Matt woke us up to make sure I ate, Lola went outside for a bit to take care of doggie business, and that I took my anti-ice pick-in-the-head meds. So, I manage to fall out of bed (not very gracefully), put on my flip flops and walk into the living room where I, oh-so femininely, hacked up some very gross mass of God-knows-what and annouced that I thought I was dying. Matt brings me dinner, meds and a glass of o.j. and, I swear by all that is Holy, looks at me and says, "You know what will make you feel better?" I'm thinking...lobatomy, morphine, ice-pick removal...
No...with a straight face he looks at me in all my illness-clad, hacking, dog-fur-covered glory and says, "Sex!"
Men, you have to love them. I did at least laugh, although I didn't think my eardrum was going to make it through the giggles. All I can say is that man is either blind, or blinded by love...or something.
And despite my "pass" on his cure-all, I do feel somewhat better today. The ice pick is no longer in my ear and now it's just my throat and head that are still achy/sore/icky.



3 comments:
Man, he's a classy one! :)
I'm glad the ice pick is out of your ear and I hope the rest of you is better soon! I'm glad the dog's eye is back to normal!
LOL at your husband!!
HAHAHA! Um, yeah, I can relate to this blog ...
Post a Comment