Sunday, November 23, 2008

It's Hard Being a Gangsta'


Ah, the life of Lola the Wonder Corgi...and notorious street gangsta'  

She is resting up now, after her day of, uh, crime.  Little did I know that my sweet little short-legged princess was harboring a cruel heart and and treacherous mind. 

Being unaware of my little furball's predisposition for larceny, we took out on our daily walk through the neighborhood.  With the recent puppy peril in the household and having to keep the furry siblings separate for now; Lola had been inside alot more than usual (which she is totally fine with...[Lola says, "Cable tv, heat, full kitchen access...Hell yah!"].  So, today we went on an extra long walk and enjoyed the great outdoors and the brisk weather (she more than I considering her natural fur coat vs. my fleece pullover).  We were nearing the last leg of the trip and headed back home when one of the locals pulled up to the curb (presumable outside his house), parked his car and was in the process of grabbing a plastic bag and getting out of the car.  Puppy brakes engaged!!! Lola was instantly infatuated with this man and was practically unable to move...or more importantly, unwilling to move. Why, I don't know. It wasn't like Johnny Depp or Ed Harris had emerged from the dark blue sub-compact, but whatever. She was not moving...just totally standing completely still and staring at this guy like he was a giant hotdog with legs like on the stranded-island Bugs Bunny toons. Like staring to the point of awkwardness. He closed his car door and (unable not to notice the psycho like stalking of a Corgi on the sidewalk) just kind of smiled.  Great--he probably thinks I'm some desperate single chick who has trained her dog to find, stalk and approach men (as if I could train Lola to do that even if it had been Mr. Depp or Mr. Harris).  

So, then they have like this weird "neighborhood guy" vs "cute little dog" stare off.  It was odd. I'm trying to get her to go, but she's not having it.  Then the guys says the magic words, "Come here, sweetie...do you want to be petted?"  Ok, now I am assuming he is talking to Lola and not me (although had it been Mr. Depp or Mr. Harris she would have had to wait in line for the free petting offer...) and based on that assumption I let her go to him with me in tow on her leash. She goes towards him all cute and sweet looking and starts to bow her head down...He kneels down and reaches out to pet her with one hand, while still holding his plastic bag in the other...and just as he reaches to pet her cute little noggin while saying little "good puppy" comments to her...

SHE TURNS, GRABS THE CORNER OF THE BAG FROM HIS OTHER HAND AND TAKES OFF WITH A BAG FULL OF TACO BELL GOODNESS!!!!  

I am mortified. We both just stood there for like a second or so in shock as Lolita the Bandita is trying her best to run away to her hidden lair with a bagful of my neighbor's gorditas and realizing her entire well-laid plot was foiled by her arch enemy, the leash.  Luckily it wasn't real hard to get her reined in and the guy had a sense of humor.  Also, no tacos were harmed. 

Really, Lola...

6 comments:

♥ Braja said...

She deserved a taco for that. Really.

Lianne said...

This is hysterical. (Especially Lola having to wait in line for the petting...)

How much more perfect would it have been if she had been a chihuahua? "Lola quiere Taco Bell." Can't blame her for trying.

I love that she made a run for the border when she was done. That dog is awesome.

Avery Tales said...

BAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! Lola is so gangsta!! I love it!

larkswing said...

Gangsta Lolo - only if we all could be :0 hehe

Too cute!

Temple said...

Lola is quite offended...and she is a gangsta' so be warned--watch out for your ankles and your tacos!

Annikke said...

Lola the gangsta! THAT is too funny! The whole visual of thing had me laughing out loud while I am pretending to be working on a client file... ya, what.eve.ah!